I can’t remember when I started this poor blanket. I should know by now that things worked in pieces & I don’t mix that well. Unlike a lot of blankets, or might have been blankets, this one is not made of scraps & does have a plan. Crazy. It has a better chance of being finished since it’s crochet instead of knit. (Though I have finished the occasional knit blanket.)It’s being crocheted on a G Hook with Loops & Threads Woolike, held double in purple, lavendar, and golden yellow.
I wish I’d been keeping better track of how much yarn I used, but that’s always one of my downfalls. Still, thanks to the kitchen scale I convinced my cooking obsessed husband to purchase, I know that each hex weighs between 3 & 4 grams. 1 gram being the lowest the scale will measure. And the yarn is 100 grams per skein. Though I don’t think I’ve made 33 hexes out of each. But I do think I’ve been working with partial skeins thanks to some dolls I knit.
Final plan for the blanket is (currently) 10 flowers. 2 across by 5 tall. The rows alternate by 10 & 11 hexes. 4 rows for a set of flower (with 1 row of lavender next to it). & add two rows to the last flower. So I’m thinking…232