When I started this blanket, I had a couple of ideas “sketched” out. I think it’s pretty obvious which I went with. Though now that I’m done…
I kept re-counting what I needed as I neared the end of my Purple Flower blanket. 3 years. More than 200 hexis. Several different G hooks dug from the depths. Countless project bags, some stashed in the car for emergency fiber.
And thankfully I mostly stitched them on as I went. I only had the final 20 to do as the last go. On the floor.
It’s not quite the size of a full size bed. But it’ll fit nicely in the dinette/bed of the trailer.
I did debate a border. I swam through similar projects on Rav. It does add a finishing touch. But it’s not THAT much better. so I decided to forgo it.
And of course, as soon as I clipped the last tail on the last hex? “I wonder if I should start another that goes better with the interior of the trailer?” Three years and that’s what I thought?!
Remember the purple blanket? It’s still on-going. I still don’t know when I started it. But every once in awhile the bug bites and I start working on it again.
My purple flower blanket continues apace. I’m focusing on the flowers for now. It’s going to be 5×2 & I’m getting closer on having all the petals done. That just leaves around 200 lavendar hexes to focus on.
I can’t remember when I started this poor blanket. I should know by now that things worked in pieces & I don’t mix that well. Unlike a lot of blankets, or might have been blankets, this one is not made of scraps & does have a plan. Crazy. It has a better chance of being finished since it’s crochet instead of knit. (Though I have finished the occasional knit blanket.)It’s being crocheted on a G Hook with Loops & Threads Woolike, held double in purple, lavendar, and golden yellow.
I wish I’d been keeping better track of how much yarn I used, but that’s always one of my downfalls. Still, thanks to the kitchen scale I convinced my cooking obsessed husband to purchase, I know that each hex weighs between 3 & 4 grams. 1 gram being the lowest the scale will measure. And the yarn is 100 grams per skein. Though I don’t think I’ve made 33 hexes out of each. But I do think I’ve been working with partial skeins thanks to some dolls I knit.
Final plan for the blanket is (currently) 10 flowers. 2 across by 5 tall. The rows alternate by 10 & 11 hexes. 4 rows for a set of flower (with 1 row of lavender next to it). & add two rows to the last flower. So I’m thinking…232